The surfaces of copper and its alloys, such as brass, have an inherent ability to kill a wide range of harmful bacteria. These antimicrobial properties have been proven by extensive research.
Copper ions induce a series of negative reactions to take place in the cells of bacteria – causing them to weaken and break down.
Three main characteristics make Antimicrobial Copper the most effective touch surface material:
Continuously kills microbes
- Efficacy as an antimicrobial is scientifically proven to be far more effective than silver-containing coatings
- Proven to continuously kill the microbes that cause infections
- The only solid metal touch surface approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Never wears out
- Continuous and ongoing antimicrobial action
- Remains effective even after repeated wet and dry abrasion and re-contamination
- Natural oxidation does not impair efficacy.
Safe to use
- Not harmful to people or the environment
- Inherently antimicrobial, no chemicals added
- Completely recyclable.